How to install Metatrader 4 under Linux!
There is a lot of interest out there in running Metatrader 4 on the Linux platform, however until Metaquotes does a native Linux version, the only option if you want
to do it is to run it under WINE emulation.
What follows is a step by step guide to installing MT4 in Linux. I have used the
excellent Ubuntu distribution for this task.
1) Install WINE if it’s not already installed. I used version wine-1.2-rc3 . Please
refer to The Ubuntu Wiki for advanced WINE setup instructions.
2) From a valid windows installation, copy over all the fonts into your wine
installation. It assumes you told Ubuntu to mount your windows partition in /windows.
(You really only need webdings and wingdings if you don’t have windows at all. Use
google to find them )
mount your windows partition to /mnt
cp /mnt/WINDOWS/Fonts/* ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/Fonts/
3) Copy 2 needed mfc4x DLL and msvcp60.dll files from your valid windows installation.
(Again use google to find the DLLs for download if you don’t have windows)
cp /mnt/WINDOWS/system32/mfc4* ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/
cp /mnt/WINDOWS/system32/msvcp60.dll ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/
5) Change to the folder where you downloaded it and Install MT4.
6) You should now have an icon on your Desktop and a working install of MT4 under Linux!
* Please note, in order to set a limit/stop order without an invalid parameters error you
need just to remove the expiry(Uncheck the box under the entry price).